A few weeks ago, this stack of vodka appeared in our local store. For those of you who don’t live in Salton City, you can gather from the size of the aisles how big the store actually is (and it’s the post office too….). Seriously, this is waaay too much vodka for this little beer-drinking town in the middle of the desert. Only one case of the smaller bottles has been consumed so far, and last weekend when the Tierra Del Sol people were here, everywhere ran out of beer and ice. Ideas please on a better/funnier explanation. My first thoughts were:
- Vladimir Putin is going to be paying us a visit [with a large entourage, I’m not suggesting he’s an alcoholic].
- CVWD (the local water company) keep asking us to cut back on water consumption so to help they are providing us with a cheaper alternative.
- This year’s batch has a special ingredient that makes people actually want to vote.
- Once we all discover it doesn’t taste quite as good as Budweiser/Coors/PBR/Corona, we’ll just go pour it into the Salton Sea, and the problem of the falling water level will be solved.
- The local meth chefs decided to switch to moonshine and ‘acquired’ the bottles.