Here’s the second step in my current refractured-watercolor-in-progress – I decided that I would cut the paintings in squares, and to make life easier or at least less unpredictable, I measured and marked the squares on the back of the page. This also shows the panel I’ll be working on. It’s one I constructed from panel, nailed and glued onto a stretcher frame, that previously supported the painting that was killed in the storm last January.
This is as far as I got before I had to go to Borrego Springs. On the front and part of the side and a little of the top edge, I have spaces where the folded pieces don’t go to the edge. I’m going to fill those in before I start gluing down the numbered pieces.
And… the reason that I had to go to Borrego was because I’d left two submissions for the opening show “Big, Bold, Beautiful” at the new Art Institute Gallery on Christmas Circle. One painting wasn’t accepted and I went to pick it up, but August Afternoon is now hanging in the gallery. I was happy to see that there had been a number of sales already.